Make your big day super special with these tips for wearing contact lenses on your wedding day!
When it comes to getting married, you want everything to go as perfectly as possible.
It doesn’t matter who you are – you want to look your gorgeous best on the big day. This is where coloured contacts have become all the rage. That’s why we’ve put together these handy tips for wearing contact lenses on your wedding day.
If someone asks the bride or groom (or whatever combination of the two) if they would like a special ingredient for their wedding day look, what would the answer be? Hell Yes! Or something like that.
A few things to keep your eyes on for your wedding day
One of the most important tips for wearing contact lenses on your wedding day is in the morning.
- START OFF RIGHT – make sure you have the right contact lenses ready before you start anything. You don’t want to be fussing around when you’re already stressed (or you feel your inner Bridezilla is ready to burst out).
- TIMING is everything. Don’t put your contact lenses in too early because you want clear eyes when it comes to your wedding photos. BUT don’t pop in your contacts just before the ceremony because your eyes need to adjust and can take a little while. A little red in the eyes will go away. If it doesn’t hit Plan B before you risk an eye infection.
- Have a SPARE pair of contacts ready in case something goes wrong with the first pair. Remember, this is your wedding day and you want a last minute hitch when you’re getting hitched. Contact lenses can tear and even seem to disappear. Make sure you have back up baby.
- Watch the MAKE-UP! There’s a few No-Nos when it comes to wedding make-up. Tell your make-up artist before the wedding that you plan on wearing coloured contacts. Never ever apply eye liner to the inner eyelid. That can really ruin your lenses. Stay away from powdered eye shadow, fibre mascara and oil-based make-up. These can all stick to your lenses and cause big time irritation on your big day.
- STAY AWAY FROM THE SPRAY – Make sure you close your eyes when there is any aerosol being sprayed near you – especially hairspray. They can leave a film on your lenses that could spell the word – trouble.
- SOLUTION stops the problem. Even if you go for a pair of daily coloured contact lenses on your wedding day, make sure you have some special lens solution nearby all the time. It is not likely that you will need it, but you will be over the moon if you do. If you drop a lens or find them drying out then your solution is the solution. Keep your eyes hydrated but don’t overdo it or that wedding make up will run and so could your tears.
Stick with these handy tips for wearing contact lenses on your wedding day and you’ll be fine.
Contact lenses as part of your wedding preparations
Remember that wearing contact lenses on your wedding day shouldn’t be a problem.
They do take a while to get used to if you’ve never worn them before. Coloured contacts can sometimes be a bit tricky for some. That’s why it pays to be prepared.
Choose coloured contacts that suit your skin and hair colour as well as your wedding outfit.
If you don’t want to change your eye colour, you can always choose a pair that highlights and enhances your natural colour.
A vibrant and vivid look can give you a ‘to die for’ colour and bring out more of your natural beauty.
Remember to choose quality lenses that have proper certification.
The last thing you need on your wedding day (and honeymoon) is to be dealing with sore eyes or an eye infection.
Fill your eyes with tears of joy, not sadness
Your wedding day is one day where you will probably cry for all the right reasons.
That’s the final thing to remember when you are wearing contact lenses. It can mean that any eye make-up is going to run. When make-up and lenses are not a match made in Heaven. Remember to keep that in mind when the waterworks start.
Feel free to take your contact lenses out if you think there’s trouble coming your way and keep them sterile if you’re going to put them back in.
Do everything you can to relax and enjoy your wedding day. Hopefully it’s the one and only you’ll ever have the joy to experience.
It helps to choose the best coloured lenses that are backed by the best in customer service and EU quality certified.
That’s where MesmerEyez outshine any other supplier. If you’re not sure, just check out their Trust Pilot reviews. You don’t get that many 5 star ratings just by chance.
Check out the great range of coloured contacts from MesmerEyez today. There’s something for everyone and for every occasion.
All the best for your big day and as the old Irish saying goes - May the best of your past be the worst of your future.
MesmerEyez – the top coloured contact lenses in Australia are ready and waiting.