How to get make-up and contact lenses to work together
If you don’t know how to get make-up and contact lenses to work together, now you will
The first step is to remember that you can wear make-up and contact lenses – you just need to be a little careful how you do it.
Whether it’s wearing contact lenses instead of glasses or wearing a pair of the coolest coloured contacts around, follow these tips and you will be looking sweet as, for as long as you like.
If you’re paying attention to your appearance (and we wish you would Tania, that hairbrush set we got you for Xmas had a little hint), then you might wear a little make-up.
By a ‘little make-up’, we mean not splashing it on with a spatula or going nuts like you’re the next Harley Quinn or even the Joker. Less is more, so wake up and make your make-up last longer.
Contact lenses still on the rise
Now, you don’t have to stand on a corner with a clipboard researching if more people are wearing contacts rather than glasses – they are – so no need to bother everyone walking past with “Have you got 30 seconds?” There’s a growing number of people getting seriously into coloured contacts too.
This is when you start hearing the whirlwind of unwanted advice like;
- “You can’t wear make-up if you’re wearing contact lenses!”
- “Wearing mascara with contacts is, like, serious danger time”
- “Eye liner and contact lenses are deadly enemies”
- “You’re so brave to wear contacts and make-up at the same time”
Yeah – thanks for your worms of wisdomlessness there. And yes – wisdomlessness is a word… now.
Don’t listen to panic merchants. Here are some proper tips on how to get make-up and contact lenses to work together.
Take care of your lenses first
You can irritate your contacts in many ways but one of the easiest is with makeup. A little speck of eye shadow gets underneath your lens and Boom! You’re not looking hot, just feeling hot and bothered. It’s a pain in the kombucha, but it’s usually about timing when you do things.
If you do things in order and follow these tips, you should be all a-okay.
- INSERT YOUR CONTACTS FIRST – that’s before you do anything else, especially putting on your make-up or moisturizer. Anything that is on your fingers can end up on your lenses and that’s a recipe for trouble.
- CLEAN YOUR LENSES – keep your fingers and hands super clean and dry. Tap water can have little bugs and germy germs, so keep your contacts and even the case away from water.
- GO OIL-FREE – some of the oils in eye shadow and creams can find their way from your face then into your eyes. Remember that oil and water don’t mix, so you will be looking at blurry vision and that can seriously screw with your head and no driving either.
- KEEP YOUR EYE LINE FREE – make sure there is a clear divide between your make-up and your eyeball. Part of your eyelid touches the surface of your eyeballs. There are tiny oil glands in your eyes and this is the spot where they open up. If make-up causes a block up, then Hello to dirty lenses, dry eyes and even styes. That’s Yuck and Ow!
- GO TRADITIONAL – we’re not talking about an old-fashioned wedding here. A quality waterproof mascara is your best bet when you’re wearing contact lenses. Stay away from the ones with fibre particles – and if you’re not sure, ask before you buy.
See! There are ways of how to get make-up and contact lenses to work together! Follow that advice and you’re well on your way to having a smudge and clear eye day.
Other ways to help keep your contacts and make-up cooking for you
Even if you’re not wearing make-up, it’s critical, vital, essential, super important and even necessary in case you’re missing the point Slow-mo, LOOK AFTER YOUR LENSES!
You need to make sure that you clean and care for your contact lenses properly. Not skimping or forgetting or you’re getting yourself an eye infection. Clean them every night and put them carefully in their case in fresh, clean solution.
Remember to clean the top and bottom of the case too. That’s another way to get germs inviting their way to your eyes.
If you’re still unsure about how to get make-up and contact lenses to work together in a safe way, then you can go with Daily lenses.
That means you’re going to go through a fair crunch of contacts, but you will always be getting rid of them if you aren’t too good with the whole ‘keeping them clean’ thing.
You’ll still have to choose quality lenses and keep the make-up well away from your eyeball area.
You can also buy some lid wipes if you want to help keep your eyes and coloured contacts clean.
Looking your best
When it comes to wearing contact lenses, any eye make-up has the potential to run. That’s a headstart for heartache.
Don’t go for bargain basement make-up or el-cheapo lenses. Your eyes are too important to muck around with.
When it comes to coloured contacts to wear with make-up, then take up things a notch and get some amazing looking lenses that are EU quality tested and certified.
MesmerEyez has a sensational range of coloured contacts ready and waiting for you.
For the best in beautiful coloured contact lenses – it’s time to MesmerEyez.