The best Halloween outfit ideas are those costumes that suit the person wearing it
There’s a lot of talk and discussions, but even arguments can start, but one thing is clear – Halloween is all about dressing up. If you don’t dress up, then you’ve messed up. There’s no excuses and you’re only going to wear regret if you fail to frock it up with something freaky.
The other key thing to remember is that whatever you choose to wear and when you work out how to put the whole thing together, you’ve gotta cap it off with a killer pair of Halloween contact lenses.
Don’t be falling for that crapola about – “I don’t have to dress up in a costume to take part in Halloween”. Excuse me? WTRF! What the royal fantasy, that is.
If you don’t get your lazy asparagus into a costume for Halloween then you’ll look like a sweet eating wacko who just randomly knocks on people’s doors. Even carrying a carved out pumpkin isn’t going to stop neighbours calling the police on you. It’s step up and dress up or you’re going downtown.
Where do the best Halloween costume ideas begin?
It’s no surprise that there are some seriously bad Halloween costumes out there. They look like there was zero effort put in because, well… there was hardly any effort put into it. If you don’t try your best, then you are going to look ‘try-hard’ and that’s almost worse than not dressing up at all.
It all comes back to using your imagination and sticking to some basic rules.
First up in the dress up stakes is having a few Halloween costume ideas to choose from.
Why do you need more than one?
It’s pretty simple. Having a couple of different Halloween outfits on your list means you can weigh up your options so you don’t end up going with your first brainwave that is often more of a brainfart.
Just think for a second – “I’ll go as something funny” – stop right there! What you think is funny better be funny for more than one person. There are way too many stories of people who went with the ‘first thing that came into my head’ like:
- A human poo
- Baby eater (with body parts stuck to their stomach)
- Halloweiner (Yes, it was an American idea and No, it was a total flop)
- A condom (Seriously! There is a real dick inside that costume)
- Any recently dead celebrity (where is that ever funny or good for a party mood?)
- A pumpkin (Doesn’t sound bad but ever had a fun time dressed as a huge round orange vegetable? You won’t!)
These are real Halloween costume ideas that people had at one stage and you can see why they would never work. This is where asking a close friend about what you’re going to wear is crucial.
A little sample or tester for your Halloween outfit
Try to think of three characters that you can dress up as for Halloween.
- Write them down – don’t try and just remember them in your head. Seeing them on paper will help your brain avoid one of those farts and you’ll know if it stinks when you see it with your own two eyes.
- Add the details of what each of those characters wear. If there is nothing special about them, then how are people supposed to know who you’ve come as? There’s only one thing worse than no-one knowing who you’re dressed as – one of them was the human poo.
- Ask yourself how hard it would be to pull off the costume for each character. If it’s too complicated or too daunting, then you’re in for a stressful time and that pops the balloon of enjoyment right there and then.
- Ask a trusted friend if they think you can pull off any of the costumes and which one do they think would suit you best. Be realistic – if you’re 5 foot tall, going as King Kong is not your best pick. Just sayin’ and your friend will too, so listen up.
- Finally, go with your gut instinct. If it just seems like a good idea it probably isn’t. There’s obviously something missing or wrong. Who knows? You might just have a vibe that you would be going as the same thing as everyone else.
It’s a good idea to check back with that trusted friend and if you can say your idea out aloud – like “I’m thinking of going as a sexy version of a Handmaid’s Tale (yes, believe it or not, there is a costume for that.) Count the seconds of dead air before that friend says “Oh! Okay. Didn’t expect to hear that. You did say a sexy version?” Then laugh, because you’ve just dodged a bullet and you can put a big fat red line through that idea.
Looking amazing at Halloween is easier than you think
Once you’ve got gone through your Halloween outfit ideas and you have one that you can pull off without stressing yourself stupid or spending a silly amount of money putting it together – Relax!
Halloween is about having FUN, so make sure you enjoy the whole process rather than freak yourself out with unnecessary worry.
A key thing to remember for your Halloween costume is to get yourself a killer pair of Halloween coloured contacts.
Any freaky costume from witches to zombies, Harley Quinn or your favourite ‘Out There’ character, something like a pair of Blood Shot Drop contacts or some full on Bloody Red lenses can make all the difference.
Where do you get the best Halloween contact lenses to make the most of your Halloween costume ideas? The answer is MesmerEyez.
These are the tops in Halloween lenses with EU quality certified lenses without the heavy price tag.
The best part? MesmerEyez deliver anywhere – Australia wide!
MesmerEyez – be a hit at Halloween for all the right reasons
With delivery Australia-wide, what the hell can stop you now! Go the full freak out!
It’s all yours at MesmerEyez.